25. August 2006

I'll meet you at the Cemetry Gates

Kommentare:

fhnavarro hat gesagt…

Wunsch, tango zu tanzen

Sorry, Google' translation.

Greetings

alberto vazquez hat gesagt…

I like very much this color!!!

loic hat gesagt…

waw !

ulf k. hat gesagt…

Thank you and Merci!

I wasn't that sure, with the color. But after one day not looking at the drawing I think they are fine...

What do think about the penicl-lines?

maxi hat gesagt…

me gutsa mucho el "señor muerte".es un tipo muy melancolico....
M.

loic hat gesagt…

one does not approach the drawing color in the manner that a drawing in black and white.

the drawing the line goes perfectly with your system of setting color

the pallet of color is pleasant

no problem from me

f pazos hat gesagt…

thanks!! i feel flattered i´ve been following and loving your work for some time.
love the color on this one!
un saludo!

elfelix hat gesagt…

In my opinion pencil lines look quite good. Textures are lovely and make the ilustration quite interesting. Maybe I had contrasted them just a little bit more... But it's one of my favorites in those last illustrations of you. Colour is perfect.

Geb hat gesagt…

What a great works!... Amazing...
Auf Wiedersehen!!!

ulf k. hat gesagt…

Thanks a lot to all of your comments and oppinions. They are really important for me.

Stereotopffer hat gesagt…

Great work, very surprised by pencilstroke texture! it fits quite well.

Bob Flynn hat gesagt…

Great illustrations and characters! I just discovered your work via Maxi's blog. I love that I'm able to discover foreign talents via their blogs.

Art on!

ulf k. hat gesagt…

Hi Miguel,
I think to surprise is not unimportant in our business - especially if it is a positiv surprise!
I saw on your page at flickr your working with this "Gocco". What is that?
Oh and by the way: the illustration with the boy and the ghosts looks great.
Nice to be with you in the last issue of "Buen Proecho".

---------------------------------

Hi Bob,
thanks for your comment.

Yes! To discover the work of all those other wonderful illustrators all over the world is great. Sadly that a day just has 24 hours. Sometimes it is very hard to stop following the Links on every interessting page you find in the web!

Your animated Jinx is fantastic!

Stereotopffer hat gesagt…

Of course it is a positive surprise!
Gocco is a domestic machine to make serigraphy in home, the only problem is that it only gets to B5 size (in its more expensive model) and they don't make more Gocco, at least by now. However is possible yet to buy it in some e-shops (ask me if you are interested). It's easy, clean and cheap to do (also machines are very cheap, i think). The most expensive is the shipment from Japan, but well. I am unsure if i explain myself well so take this links:

http://www.nehoc.com.au/printgocco/systems/index.htm

http://www.fingerstothebone.com/goccopudding/goccoresources.html

http://www.savegocco.com

Thank for your kind words, you are invited to comment whenever you want it would be a great honor, as of course is to share pages with you in "Buen Provecho"... i also feel flattered as F Pazos, because i'm also a huge fan of your work.

uwe hat gesagt…

Äh- wieso ist denn hier alles auf englisch? In das Bild habe ich mich verliebt. Die Buntstiftfarben sind mal was ganz anderes. Ist zwar schon ein paar Tage im Blog, aber ich seh's erst heute. Insofern ein melancholischer Gruß zum meterologischen Herbstanfang ...

El Feto Imperfeto hat gesagt…

Your drawings are lovely. They all remember me of childhood, they talk about a beautiful way of perceiving things. Awesome.

I was wondering about those you showed some posts ago, first in pencil, then computer colored. How did you make them?
Do you scan the pencils first, clean up a little, and then just add color with photoshop using the pencils as a guide and drawing all the lines again in the computer?
or
you just make the pencil lines look harder by some automatic computer effect(I mean, some way to transform pencil lines into those finished ones without having to draw again)?

(I stink in English and I stink a lot more in Photoshop, excuse me)

ulf k. hat gesagt…

Hi El Feto Imperfeto,
first of all thank you...

As for your question I guess you mean my drawings for »100 Years Hergé«. Well there is no trick. On one hand there are my pencils made on a simple paper. By using a light-table, I transfer the drawing once more with a pencil on a better paper and than I ink the drawing with a nip. All the black I put on the drawing with a brush so that (on the other hand) I have a sheet with the inked drawing. I just have scanned it and put colors on in photoshop.

I have worked the same way on the »Cemetry Gates« drawing. The only different is, that I don't transfer the drawing on a better paper. I have used for it the same kind of paper as for the pencil-drawing and transfer it directly with a softer pencil instead of a nip...

I hope, that I have written clear enough. It's no that simple for me, to explain such things in english...

El Feto Imperfeto hat gesagt…

Yes, I understood everything you said. Thank you so much, it´s been really helpful.
Everything except what "nip" is. I suposse is a pen or something like a "Rotring", but i understand it is meant to add ink.


(my mother language is Spanish, yours is German... it could be quite confusing to understand each other, but here we are.
This blog thing is great.)

Thanks again, and keep the good drawing!